Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Subhas Chandra preferred to serve the country than to serve the British Govt.


Subhas Chandra passed the Tripos and secured fourth position in the ICS examination.But he decided to serve the country instead of serving the British Govt. He was the most brilliant student among all the National Leaders of India. He passed all the University exam. securing creditable position. He wrote in his autobiography, "Indian Pilgrim", " The principal has done justice to me by rusticating me because from that day I discovered my self reliance and my endeavor . I found my capacity of taking the leadership and enjoyment of sufferings to fulfil an ideal." He expressed his desire to Sarat Chandra Bose .
He wrote
to Sarat Chandra Bose in two different letters dated 16 and 23 February of 1921. On 16th Feb. he wrote, " I want to start my career with an ideal of sacrificing for my country. In my imagination I feel much more affinity  in sacrificing my life for the country and for living a simple life with an ideal. Moreover, I think that it is a heinous activity of serving under a foreign ruler. The path followed by Aurobindo seems to me of more attractive and  great sacrificing, and inspiring, though this path is spread with more thorns than  that of the path of Ramesh Datta who passed the ICS Exam and came back to India after being a barrister and became the first district magistrate."
.  He mentioned in  another letter to Sarat Chandra Bose written on 23rd Feb,  " it is only possible for one to sacrifice for the country when he leaves all prosper in earthly life."
                                                                                             
 He wrote two letters to Deshabandhu Chittaranjan Das on 16.2.1921 (Letter-1, P-1-left, p-2 right)

No comments:

Post a Comment